And I hope you will do the same.

The vote on the Eric Holder nomination is tonight, according to the erudite young man I spoke to when I called the office of Senator Burr today. And the Senator is 'out of the country' but 'expected to be back in time' for the vote.

I have long been a supporter of Senator Burr, and even had the chance to interview him during his opening campaign for House of Representatives, as a radio news person way back then. But I don't like the sound of this. I know most of the conservatives, of both parties, are running scared right now, but I'm hoping Burr will step up and be a leader.

If you haven't called yet, do it right this minute:

Senator Richard Burr - 202-224-3154, http://burr.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm

If this insult to civil rights and liberty is passed, remember well every name that voted to do so.

Keep the pressure on, it is the only option we have currently.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home