Things You Can Do Today...

Reading a post recently at http://mausersandmuffins.blogspot.com/ and ran across Brigid's comment that she absolutely hated to be stuck in an airport with nothing to read. I rather imagine there are a great number of us that feel the same way, for me it's going to the Doctor, Dentist, or other place that involves long waits and sick people. And who wants to read last year's Time magazine? So one day while trying to decide which old gun magazines to keep, and which to toss, I had a revolutionary idea...

Let's take 'em to the Doctor's office!


I started with some old copies of Shotgun News, Guns and Ammo, and some of the free magazines from the local gun shop. Cut out or obliterated the subscription information of course, and now every time I go to a place with a 'waiting room' I bring along some copies to leave behind.

My reward came to me recently, when I was down with a nasty sinus infection, and felt so bad I forgot to bring any reading material to my visit. To my joy, as I sat down, I saw two copies of recent gun mags, subscription information 'redacted' as they say, on the table. JOY! Someone had decided to help me out on the project!

Of course, as soon as the staff goons see this stuff, it will be trashed, but meanwhile it is spreading the word. If enough of us did this, it might even sink in to the general population that gun owners are everywhere, and decent folks as well.


One last thing I do when I think of it: I'll write or label the front page with some of my favorite urls, like http://www.thehighroad.us/ or http://www.a-human-right.com/ . Remember we don't do any good preaching to the choir- we need to reach the people who don't think about things without it being brought to their attention.


Think of it as spreading the good news.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home